With the CBA fencing season about to begin, Colts fencers have been working hard outside of the Academy to be ready for the high school season. Accomplishments include:
- Sophomore Mike Hennicke took the silver medal in the Unrated Senior Mixed Saber Tournament held November 15 at the Hub City Fencing Academy in Edison, N.J.
- Sophomore Tom Gana won the Division lll Epee Tournament held at the Atlantic Fencing Academy on November 22. The win earned Gana his "D" rating. After losing to the same opponents in early bouts, Gana learned from his earlier matches and won the gold medal.
- Sophomore Ryan Hagan won a silver medal in the Senior Unrated Mixed Epee Event. With the scored tied at 14-14 in the finals, his opponent landed a single touch, putting Hagan on the losing side of a 14-15 final score.
- Senior Chris Mulvaney finished in 3rd place in the same tournament as Hagan.
- Junior Tad Lundborg won the gold medal and earned his "A" rating on November 28 at the Junior Olympic Qualifier Epee Tournament in Maplewood, N.J. The win allows Lundborg to compete in the Junior Olympics held in Cleveland, Ohio on February 12-15. Lundborg is only the second fencer at CBA to earn an "A" rating and the first in Epee (John Vaiani '14, now at UPenn).
Congratulations to all our Colts fencers.