Join the coaching ranks of the record 11-time NJSIAA/Shop Rite Cup Champions for best athletics program!
Varsity Head Baseball Coach
(Posted: July 18, 2019)
CBA is seeking a driven and passionate individual to become the next varsity baseball head coach and carry on the prestigious tradition of one of the best programs in the New Jersey. This position pays a stipend and reports to the Director of Athletics. Ideal candidates will have at least 3 years of prior baseball experience and a desire to help build upon the success of the baseball program. Interested candidates should be confident in teaching the technical, fundamental, and strategic aspects of the game, as well as have the ability to motivate and mentor student-athletes while emphasizing faith and service.
- Coach student-athletes in a manner consistent with the mission and core values of Christian Brothers Academy
- Involvement with and coordination of all aspects of the baseball program, including sub-varsity levels
- Follow policies and procedures set forth by the NJSIAA, Shore Conference, Christian Brothers Academy and athletic director
- To hold safe, structured, fundamental-based practices, facilitate athletic development, supervise and provide a positive experience for all student-athletes.
- Maintain individual and team records, speak with the media, and promote individual and team accomplishments through various media outlets, including posting scores and using social media
- Maintain current inventory of equipment and suggest future enhancements and improvements
- Establish good working relationships with parents, alumni, and other important members of the CBA community
- Oversee athletes' participation in strength and conditioning
- Previous baseball coaching experience
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with student-athletes
- Proven ability to act in a professional manner in adverse situations
- Advanced knowledge of the sport
- Willingness and desire to be involved in all aspects of building a successful program
- 60 college credits (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Other certifications necessary to coach in the NJSIAA will be required upon hire
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter, articulating your coaching philosophy and vision for the CBA Baseball program to:
Mrs. Barbara Tucker, Athletic Department Administrative Assistant: email@example.com