Join the coaching ranks of the record 10-time NJSIAA/Shop Rite Cup Champions for best athletics program!
Varsity Head Ice Hockey Coach
(Posted: May 22, 2019)
CBA is seeking a driven and passionate individual to become the next Head Varsity Ice Hockey coach and carry on the prestigious tradition of one of the best programs in the New Jersey. This position receives a stipend and reports to the Director of Athletics. Ideal candidates will have at least 3 years of prior ice hockey coaching experience and will have the desire to help build upon the success of the ice hockey program. Interested candidates should be confident in teaching the technical, fundamental, and strategic aspects of the game, as well as have the ability to motivate and mentor student-athletes, while emphasizing faith and service.
- Coach student-athletes in a manner consistent with the mission and core values of Christian Brothers Academy
- Involvement with and coordination of all aspects of the ice hockey program, including sub-varsity levels
- Follow policies and procedures set forth by the NJSIAA, Shore Conference, Christian Brothers Academy and athletic director
- To hold safe, structured, fundamental-based practices, facilitate athletic development, supervise and provide a positive experience for all student-athletes.
- Maintain individual and team records, speak to the media, and promote individual and team accomplishments through various media outlets, including posting scores and using social media
- Maintain current inventory of equipment and suggest future enhancements and improvements
- Establish good working relationships with parents, alumni, and other important members of the CBA community
- Oversee that athletes are participating in strength and conditioning
- Previous ice hockey coaching experience
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with student-athletes
- Proven ability to act in a professional manner in adverse situations
- Advanced knowledge of the sport
- Willingness and desire to be involved in all aspects of building a successful program
- 60 college credits (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- College hockey experience preferred
- Other certifications necessary to coach in the NJSIAA will be required upon hire
Interested candidates should send a resume and vision statement, articulating your coaching philosophy and vision for the CBA Ice Hockey program to:
Mrs. Barbara Tucker, Athletic Department Administrative Assistant: