Athletic Forms, Procedures, & Tryout Information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT REQUIRED MEDICAL FORMS
All students wishing to participate in interscholastic athletics must submit the following health and medical information in hard copy by the required deadlines directly to the CBA School Nurse, Mrs. Maria Young, RN. Please note the following guidelines when submitting your health forms to be sure you are in compliance:
- Hand in your forms by the required deadlines. A late fee is imposed for non compliance.
- Forms will not be processed on the day of tryouts.
- Only one (1) sport may be declared per form
- Please do not call to request verification of submission. Requests that the Nurse's Office verify individual submission will delay processing and jeopardize trying out. Lists of those who are medically cleared will be provided to the coach and posted on the sports bulletin board prior to tryouts. If a candidate's name does not appear on either list he should see the Nurse at that time.
- ** Please ensure that your examining physician, AP nurse, or physician's assistant has signed the "Cardiac Assessment Professional Development Module", which can be found at the bottom of page 4 on the Annual Physical Form (left). There will be NO PARTICIPATION without this signature.
All students must complete and submit the following to the school nurse to be eligible for interscholastic athletics:
- PHYSICAL EXAM & HISTORY FORM (Required once per year, good for entire school year) - DUE AUGUST 1, 2017. Must be signed and dated after JUNE 1 and the "Cardiac Assessment Professional Development Module" must be signed.
- ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION PERMISSION & HEALTH UPDATE FORM (Required for each sports season) - DUE AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH SPORTS SEASON, DATES LISTED BELOW. Must be signed and dated within 90 days prior to the first practice session and submitted directly to the school nurse.
- FALL SPORTS DEADLINE: AUGUST 1, 2017
- WINTER SPORTS DEADLINE: OCTOBER 27, 2017
- SPRING SPORTS DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 21, 2018
TRYOUT DATES 2017-18
AUGUST 14, 2017SOCCER:
Freshman - 4:00PM
JV - 4:30PM
Varsity - 5:00PM
AUGUST 21, 2017RUGBY:
9:30 - 11:30AM
SEPTEMBER 11, 2017FRESHMEN CREW:
SEPTEMBER 12, 2017SAILING TEAM MEETING
NOVEMBER 6, 2017ICE HOCKEY:
NOVEMBER 15, 2017BOWLING:
NOVEMBER 20, 2017BASKETBALL:
MARCH 2, 2018ALL SPRING SPORTS:
IMPORTANT ATHLETIC FILES
The following information must be read in order to be in compliance with Christian Brothers Academy participation agreements. These are READ ONLY documents and do not need to be signed.
IMPORTANT TERMS TO KNOW
The following terms, as defined by the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA), will help you understand athletic procedures and guidelines. Please familiarize yourself with these terms to better understand state regulations on athletics and to avoid confusion when handing in forms.
- In-Season: The time period in which an NJSIAA sport may participate in interscholastic competition. Tryouts/Practice may begin on the first official start date of each season for a particular sport. A student-athlete must attend six (6) official practices to compete in an interscholastic scrimmage or competition.
Fall Season Sports: Cross-Country, Soccer, Crew*, Sailing*
Winter Season Sports: Basketball, Bowling, Fencing, Ice Hockey, Swimming, Indoor Track, Wrestling
Spring Season Sports: Baseball, Crew*, Golf, Lacrosse, Outdoor Track, Rugby*, Sailing*, Tennis, Volleyball
*Denotes non-NJSIAA sport, therefore are not subject to the "in-season"/"out-of-season" guidelines
- Out-of-Season: The time period in which an NJSIAA sport may participate in strength and conditioning fitness/open-gym programs but may not compete in interscholastic competitions or practices with the team/coaches of that particular sport. The "out-of-season" period is defined as any time in which the sport is not "in-season."
Example: Basketball is a winter "in-season" sport, therefore making the "out-of-season" period for basketball fall and spring. During fall and spring, the basketball team may not play or practice basketball as a team and may not have any contact with their coaches.